The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents on Sept. 27 authorized the purchase of an 18-story building on 5.52 acres across the street from the Texas Medical Center. It will be used for a new partnership Texas A&M and Houston Methodist Hospital announced last year.
The site, at 1020 Holcombe Blvd., is across Main Street from Texas A&M Health Science Center’s Institute of Biosciences and Technology and across Holcombe from the Texas Medical Center. Houston Methodist’s flagship hospital is less than half a mile north on Fannin Street.
According to Commercial Gateway and other sources, the roughly 280,000-square-foot building at 1020 Holcombe was built in 1962. As of March, the Class B building was 100 percent vacant, per Commercial Gateway..
Click to read more at Houston Business Journal.